Iowa Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Professional Development Program (SARE PDP) Travel Scholarship
Funds are available for travel scholarships to enable agriculture educators to attend conferences, workshops, field days, tours, and other events for professional development that will improve and update their knowledge and skills on topics related to sustainable agriculture. SARE defines sustainable agriculture as farming and ranching that is ecologically sound, profitable, and socially responsible.
Travel scholarships will cover the following for a total up to $300 per applicant or an amount designated by the state coordinator for specific events.
- transportation mileage (round trip at $.535/mile) or flight
- meals (up to $40 per day per diem)
- event registration fees
Travel scholarships will not cover:
- lodging (unless approved prior to the event by Iowa SARE Coordinator, Linda Naeve)
- event supplies, etc.
Applications for travel scholarships will be accepted anytime of the year, but must be submitted at least 30 days prior to the event. Travel scholarships will be distributed on a first-come basis until funds are depleted. If you are selected for a SARE travel scholarship you will be sent an evaluation form and asked to write a brief report on the event.
1. Complete the application (type into the boxes in the document) PDP Travel Scholarship application form.pdf
2. Save the document and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org; type “SARE travel scholarship" in the subject line of the email.
QUESTIONS? Contact Linda Naeve, 515-294-8946, email@example.com.